UPDATE – July 2021
Nottingham Hockey Centre has written a COVID-19 risk assessment and plan for the site which is available to download below.
Please familiarise yourself with the measures that have been put in place.
Most legal restrictions relating to Covid ended in England on 19 July 2021. In line with Step 4 of the Government roadmap out of lockdown, hockey’s restrictions were able to ease further. Our latest guidance Managing Covid within Hockey is now available and applicable.
For England Hockey’s latest statement of 20 July, please click here.
Full England Hockey guidance
The full England Hockey getting back on the pitch guidance for step 4 can be found here: –
Preparation for Participants
- Self-Assessment Check – This check should be done before each hockey session and participants should declare they are symptom free (confirmed by a parent for those under age 18) and haven’t been in contact with anyone with suspected or confirmed Covid symptoms within the past 2 weeks. If you become sick with Covid-19 symptoms, test positive for Covid-19 or have been exposed to a suspected or confirmed case:
- Contact Simon Hujwan immediately at: [email protected]
- Contact NHS Track and Trace
The following symptoms are highly suspicious of COVID-19 infection:
- A high temperature (above 37.8 C)
- A new continuous cough
- Shortness of breath
- A sore throat
- Loss of or change in normal sense of taste or smell
- Feeling generally unwell
- Been in close contact with / living with a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19 in the previous 2 weeks.
Hygiene – in line with government advice wash hands before and after activity and regularly use hand sanitiser. We strongly recommend every individual carries their own hand sanitiser.
Equipment – use your own equipment – sticks, gum-shield, facemasks, goalkeeping equipment and ensure water bottles are full on arrival.
Access to the facility
- Continue to check in at the hockey venue for Track and Trace purposes on every occasion
- Avoid spitting
- No handshakes with other players or close contact during goal celebrations.
- We will continue to use the separated equipment cupboards for every training bubble within the club.
- If you need to refill your water bottle, use outside taps by the dugouts.