EHL Women’s Premier Division

Holcombe battled back from behind to grab all three points against Clifton Robinsons, winning 3-2 after a thrilling encounter in the Women’s Hockey League Premier Division.
Ashley Mainwaring gave Clifton the lead, tucking home from a penalty corner on six minutes. But Holcombe hit back through Agueda Moroni Melgarejo on 22 minutes and just four minutes later, Beth Bingham gave the visitors the lead.
After the break Lorna Jane Cruickshank made it 3-1 to Holcombe, but Kathryn Lane’s strike for Clifton with four minutes remaining made for a tense end to the match.
Both sides have now won two games each, with Holcombe’s superior goal difference pushing them into sixth.
A brace from Abbie Brant helped Buckingham to their second win of the season as they beat Swansea 3-1.
Lottie Porter put Buckingham into an early lead on four minutes and Brant doubled their advantage 11 minutes later.
Jess Roe scored Swansea’s first goal of the campaign just after the break but Brant’s second just before the hour mark put the game out of the Welsh side’s reach and they remain rooted to the foot of the table.
Two second half goals saw Wimbledon beat the University of Birmingham 2-0. The sides couldn’t be separated after a tight first half but just one minute into the second half, Anna Toman latched onto a penalty corner for the lead.
Then after 61 minutes Lucy Holder gave Wimbledon breathing space with their second.
The Loughborough v Beeston match was postponed due to a large number of players being unavailable from the Beeston squad.

EHL Men’s Premier Division

Old Georgians came out on top in a spectacular 16-goal thriller in the Men’s Hockey League Premier Division on Sunday, coming from behind to win a pulsating clash against Oxted by a scoreline of 10-6.
After Elliott Messem and Tom Carson had put Old Georgians 2-0 up inside eight minutes, the floodgates opened as both sides traded goals.
It was Oxted who held a 5-4 lead at the break with Tim Guise-Brown’s hat-trick putting them in the driving seat. Mark Galloway and Sam Driver scored the other two for Oxted with Tom Carson and Ashley Jackson keeping Old Georgians in contention.
The game seemed to settle after the restart but it exploded into life again with Edward Carson finding the goal for Old Georgians and Sam Driver scoring for Oxted, both in the 44th minute.
At this point the goals finally dried up for Oxted, but Old Georgians weren’t finished yet as strikes from Messem, Jackson, Dan Shingles and a brace from James Tindall saw them clinch an exhilarating contest and stay second in the table.
Beeston also had to come from behind to snatch a 3-1 win against Brooklands Manchester University.
David Flanagan pounced on 13 minutes to give Brooklands a slender lead going into half time.
As the game approached the hour mark, Beeston were still drawing a blank, but three goals in 10 minutes turned the game upside down.
Adam Dixon bagged a brace with the second coming from the penalty spot and Alex Blumfield added a third with eight minutes remaining to secure the win.
Hampstead & Westminster also came from behind as they beat East Grinstead 5-1.
Geronimo Clement got East Grinstead off to a good start, meeting a penalty corner to sweep home in the seventh minute.
But the lead didn’t last long with two goals from Matt Guise-Brown making it 2-1 to the home side. Goals from Rupert Shipperley, Marc Edwards and Will Calnan completed the turnaround.
The matches between the University of Durham and Holcombe, and the University of Exeter v Wimbledon, were postponed.