Bridget Kiddle celebrates the Bees opening goal.

Article courtesy of England Hockey. Photo courtesy of David Kissman. 
Beeston battled to their first victory of the season in the Investec Women’s Hockey League Premier Division on Saturday, beating Clifton Robinsons 4-3.
Bridget Kiddle gave the home side the lead in the eighth minute when she finished off a chance from a penalty corner. But Clifton Robinsons were quick to reply, Carol Middough scoring in the 13th minute following a penalty corner.
Beeston regained the lead in the 18th minute when Katie McKee scored from open play to leave the score 2-1 going in to the break.
Lauren Burnell doubled Beeston’s advantage in the 43rd, finding the net from free play. But the visitors hit back again when Victoria McCabe slotted in after 50 minutes.
Sophie Robinson restored Beeston’s two goal cushion in the 56th minute when she finished a chance from free play.
Nicola Moss scored in the 66th minute for Clifton to put some pressure on the home side but Beeston managed to hold on and secure their first three points of the campaign.
Holcombe maintained their unbeaten form with a 2-1 victory over Kent rivals Canterbury.
Sofia Viarengo Cervino got the hosts off the a great start with a 13th minute field goal, before Dirkie Chamberlain doubled their lead two minutes into the second half, again from open play.
Grace Balsdon pulled one back for Canterbury after 51 minutes, but Holcombe held on for the win.
East Grinstead produced a good performance away from home, winning 3-0 away at bottom of the table Slough.
Sophie Bray who scored a brace, opened the scoring in the sixth minute finding the net from open play.
The second of her goals came in the 44th minute when she finished another chance from free play. And Ellie Rayer made the score 3-0 in the 61st minute to secure East Grinstead’s second victory of the season.
Elsewhere, Buckingham were 2-1 winners at home against Bowdon Hightown.
The hosts took the lead in the 17th minute when Zoe Shipperley scored from a penalty corner. Natasha James doubled the home side’s lead in the 26th minute, slotting home from open play.
Sian French hit back for Bowdon Hightown in the 45th minute scoring via a penalty stroke to give the away side some hope going in to the closing stages, but Buckingham held out to secure all the points.
Surbiton maintained their unbeaten start to their league campaign as they secured a 1-0 home victory against the University of Birmingham, who also came in to the fixture undefeated.
The only goal of the game came in the 21st minute when Georgie Twigg finished a chance following a penalty corner.
Surbiton then managed to hold out for the remainder to secure their third victory of the season and move on to 10 points.